A learning environment for the seeker of Lean information and knowledge.
This website is an integral part of ELSE Inc. (Experience Lean Solutions for Enterprise).
We believe that people learn faster by doing and by playing simulations and games that teach various aspects of Lean and create an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement, as people succeed in making a contribution and experience personal growth and a sense of increased worth. Besides, they demonstrate the results of applying various Lean techniques by the end of each game.
That is why the pages of Lean theory from this site are accompanied by our own Lean simulations/games and presentations, offered on elseinc.com. This combination of theory, practical examples and simulations solidify the Lean knowledge and make a lasting impression on all the people involved.
For, if we don’t capture the hearts of our people, we won’t succeed in changing, their mindset and behaviours, and we’ll fail like so many others have.
Are you truly serious about learning and implementing lean methodologies in your business? If the answer is YES, you are among friends now.
Knowledge is power.
We decided to share this knowledge freely because we know that, in the long run, only those who provide true value will thrive in business.
Our business is to make you succeed.
Now, how you apply that knowledge is a different story. Academic knowledge is surely not enough. The determination to succeed comes from deep emotions.
So be prepared for a transformation all the way (inside and out).
Scared? Excited? Both?
Allow us to become your friends and guide you through some of the lessons we have learned the hard way, by doing it.
If you are ready to embark (and we sincerely hope you are), put on your hard hat and let’s start our adventure.
What is the right way of implementing Lean Manufacturing?
Well, there is no quick recipe.
What the successful companies have in common is:
- Top management team that initiates, promotes and practices Lean
- With the Vision and Plan to get it done
- Committed to stay on track and eliminate the barriers at one time
- Balanced scorecard to track the improvements
- People well trained in Lean concept, techniques, and their application
- Core team to drive and follow up on all aspects of implementation
- Plan in place to achieve the milestones
- Embrace the Kaizen methodology
- Determination and perseverance
- Recognition and reward systems
Our advice is this:
If you are just beginning the journey, please follow the links to; “About Lean”, and the “Lean Road Map”.
For the more “seasoned traveler”, please follow the links to topics of your interest.
For both, please don’t get discouraged by the magnitude of the Lean manufacturing field.
You may ask to yourself whether you can possibly use all the tools. You know what? You may not even need to. Some may or may not apply to your; business or the stage your business is at right now on its Lean Transformation.
However your success is ultimately our success so we want to make sure your Lean Toolbox is well equipped to handle what ever comes your way.
Besides, you are not alone (remember us?). We’ll guide your steps and you can always return here for more advice and ideas.
The main lean manufacturing tools we’ll learn to implement together are:
- 5S Workplace Organization
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die / Quick Changeover)
- Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing and Mistake Proofing)
- Kaizen (Continuous Improvement)
- Autonomation (based on Jidoka)
Any feedback you can provide to make this site more valuable would be much appreciated.