Autonomous Maintenance the First Step in a Successful TPM Implementation
Autonomous maintenance involves operators performing routine tasks focused on preventing early equipment deterioration, controlling contamination.
If you need detailed instructions there is a TPM Training Package available for immediate use.
There are 7 steps of implementation
- Perform initial cleaning
- Eliminate dirt and contamination
- Identify abnormal conditions
- Identify sources of quality defects
- Identify inaccessible places
- Address contamination sources
- Reduce housekeeping by eliminating sources of dirt and – contamination
- Improve parts that are hard to clean
- Establish cleaning, lubrication, and inspection standards
- Formulate work standards that help maintain cleaning, – lubricating, etc.
- Improve inspection efficiency through visual controls
- Conduct general inspection training
- Inspection skills training
- Get equipment into top condition through thorough general inspection
- Modify equipment to facilitate inspecting
- Make extensive use of visual controls
- Carry out inspection autonomously
- Standardize maintenance activities and build into operating procedures