A3 Presentation is designed to help you learn how to communicate more effectively and efficiently by focusing your commucations to essential clear and simple information delivered on a single Action Oriented piece of paper. The A3 Presentation is support by the A3 Template Set.
Briefly, an A3 is:
- A Single Sided Piece of A3 Sized Paper Approximately 17 Inches Wide by 11 Inches High
- It creates a natural limit to information overload, which in turn causes the writer to focus on Providing ONLY Essential Information, with specific recommendations and a Plan to Implement them
- Their use also develops an orientation to accountablilty, responsibility and action within an Organization
An A3 is not:
- A technique to solve problems
- The resolution of the problem itself
The objectives of this training material are:
- Teach Staff What A3 Reports Are
- Show Staff their Importance
- Introduce Them to the Three Main Types
- Teach Them How to Select the Right Type
- Show Them How to Fill Out Each Type of A3
The agenda is:
- What is An A3?
- Importance of A3 Reports
- Take Everyone Through Examples of the 3 Main Types
- Status Report
- Problem Solving
- Critical Issues to Good A3 Writing
- A Story
- Supporting Materials
- Deployment Suggestions
Based on the above, you can clearly see the benefits of this training material, about 5 Whys or root cause analysis. It offers not only the theoretical components of the training, but also simple examples that will help your organization to harness the benefits of using A3 Reports.
- Presentation (slides)
- Trainer Manual (footnotes that explain critical slide)
- Trainee Manual (presentation slides and space for notes)
The presentation comes as a downloadable zip file, available upon payment. Includes uneditable PDF and PowerPoint (2007-10) versions of presentation and supporting PDF files.