Cellular Layout Presentation is designed to help you design a Cellular Manufacturing System by following the steps:
- Identify Product Families.
- Design Cell Layout.
- Analyze Work Content.
- Allocate Cell Tasks
This presentation is supported by the Cell Layout Simulation Game. We strongly recommend that they are used together during the training session, because this way your team can experience the true power of what they’ve learned.
Briefly, the goals of the Cellular Manufacturing System are that the material is not stagnant at any time (from beginning of process through to the end); people move with the material; the product moves smoothly through the process.
It is achieved by:
- Reorganizing or redesigning the process steps or cells
- Purchasing additional and/or removing unnecessary equipment
- Changing and/or standardizing tooling and fixtures
- Having a material execution plan to support the flow process
We need to answer three questions:
- What equipment should go into the cell?
- What items or processes should be produced in cells?
- How should people operate the cell?
The objectives of this training material are:
- Explain the purpose of Cellular Layout and its benefits.
- Understand the different types of Cellular Layouts
- Understand the pro’s and con’s of each type of Cellular Layout
- Use this approach in designing a cell
- Introduction to Cell Design
- Cellular Layout Benefits
- Evolution of Layouts
- Designing a Cell
- Identify product families
- Design cell layout
- Analyze work content
- Allocate cell tasks
- Performance Impact
- Key Lessons Learned
Based on the above, you can clearly see the benefits of this training material about Cellular Layout. It offers not only the theoretical components of the training, but also the step-by-step instructions that constitute the roadmap of implementing a Cellular Manufacturing System.
Moreover, it offers the chance of discussing an example of a customer service process to assess the inefficiencies.
- Cellular Layout Presentation (slides)
- Trainer Manual (footnotes that explain each slide)
- Trainee Manual (presentation slides and space for notes)
The presentation comes as a downloadable zip file, available upon payment. Includes uneditable PDF and PowerPoint (2007-10) versions of presentation and supporting PDF files.