Lean Accounting Presentation is designed to help you learn how to implement Lean accounting in your organization by having a good understanding of its fundamentals and implementation steps.
Briefly, Lean Accounting follows the steps:
- Develop Value Stream metrics and reporting that drives Lean thinking and Lean behaviors and supports the Performance Management Process
- Align metrics from shop floor level to business unit objectives
- Develop simple, concise (one-page) critical metric summary to reflect the health (performance) of the Value Stream
- Provide timely, actionable information for decision- making
- Direct assignment of costs to Value Streams to understand cost to produce
The objectives of this training material are:
- To provide high level review of Accounting and how this impacts our behavior and ultimately our performance
- To introduce to you how Lean Implementation affects your work in accounting and finance.
- To provide an alternative set of metrics that are better aligned with Lean thinking
- Introduction to Lean Accounting
- Cost Accounting 101
- Leaning of Financial Processes
- Lean Accounting Metrics
- Measurement Levels
- Key Performance Indicators
- Value Stream Level Measurements
- Cell Level Measurements
- Effects of Lean on Accounting and Finance
- Appendix – Specific Metrics
Based on the above, you can clearly see the benefits of this training material, about Lean Accounting and methodology. It offers not only the theoretical components of the training, but also the step-by-step instructions that constitute the roadmap of implementing Lean Accounting.
Moreover, it offers the chance of understanding fundamental metrics of Lean Accounting.
- Lean Accounting Presentation (slides)
- Trainer Manual (footnotes that explain each slide)
- Trainee Manual (presentation slides and space for notes)
The presentation comes as a downloadable zip file, available upon payment. Includes uneditable PDF and PowerPoint (2007-10) versions of presentation and supporting PDF files.