The Value Stream Map Presentation is designed to help you enhance your Lean value stream mapping training by following the process mapping methodology and the value stream map examples.
This presentation is supported by the VSM Simulation Game and the value stream and process mapping templates, process mapping symbols. We strongly recommend that they are used together during the training session, because this way your team can experience the true power of what they’ve learned.
Briefly, a Value stream – represents all steps (both value-added and non-value-added) required to bring a product through:
- Raw Material to Finished Product
- Concept to Launch
- Order to Cash
The Value Stream Map is a pictorial representation of the flow of material and information as the product is being built. It is done in the following steps:
- Follow a product’s production path from beginning to end and draw a visual representation of every process in the material and information flows.
- Then draw a “future state” map of how value should flow
The objectives of this training material are:
- Explain the role VSM plays in the Lean implementation
- Give step-by-step instructions for immediate application using a case study
- Encourage its use to identify opportunities for improvement
- Lean Implementation Overview
- VSM Basics
- Case Study
- The Current-State Map
- Continuous Flow
- Kanban System/Supermarket
- Heijunka/Level Production
- The Future-State Map
- Achieving the Future State
Based on the above, you can clearly see the benefits of this training material, of understanding Lean value stream mapping training. It offers not only the theoretical components of the training, but also the step-by-step instructions that constitute the roadmap of implementing a process mapping methodology.
Moreover, it offers the chance of discussing some value stream map examples.
- Value Stream Map Presentation (slides)
- Trainer Manual (footnotes that explain each slide)
- Trainee Manual (presentation slides and space for notes)
The presentation comes as a downloadable zip file, available upon payment. Includes uneditable PDF and PowerPoint (2007-10) versions of presentation and supporting PDF files.